Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Technical Narrative Designer to integrate dialogue, cut scenes, and in-game storytelling moments, into worlds that set the bar for player immersion. This individual will work side-by-side with our Level Design, Systems Design, Cinematics, and Engineering teams, supporting innovative and ambitious content by scripting, choreographing, and implementing gameplay.
As a Technical Narrative Designer, you must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with Design, Art, Audio, and Engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. You have a CS and/or advanced scripting background, an eye for detail, and are unfazed when working across disciplines on complex tasks.
Help us create amazing world leading games that transform all players into heroes!
- Build content using visual and text-based scripting systems, Maya, and in-house tools.
- Work closely with the Level Designers, Narrative Designers, and Cinematics team to create cinematic sequences.
- Implement narrative moments and dialog, taking direction from the Game Director, Narrative Director and Writing team.
- Interpret, respect, and support the creative direction of the Game Director, Design Director, and Narrative Director.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines (such as Animation and Audio) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Participate constructively in production and design meetings and discussions.
- The position also involves debugging technical issues.
- Experience with game editors and game production tools.
- Advanced ability in working with coding and/or scripting languages.
- A solid understanding of game production, design tools, and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years game development experience on commercially published titles.
- CS background.
- Solid understanding of game narrative and environmental storytelling.
- Experience creating and implementing narrative systems.
- Full development cycle experience for at least 1 published triple-A title.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Read Full Job Description