Technical Designer at MeUndies
MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than fourteen million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
With a growing company, comes a growing team full of innovative people. We’re looking for a Technical Designer that's obsessed with fit and is able to develop initial designs - including technical sketches - and execute complete technical packages for our factories. Our Technical Designer will have strong knowledge of garment construction and excellent pattern making skills. This position will work cross-functionally with overseas factory teams to assure a smooth transition from original idea to fit development to final production.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the go-to person for all fit, construction and workmanship details.
- Create initial technical packages with measurement, sketches and construction while liaising with design, merchandising and production to determine desired fit, aesthetics and workmanship of all products.
- Competitively shop the market while researching size, fit and construction techniques Collaborate with Design, Merchandising and Product Development teams to determine fit and aesthetics
- Manage the fit process from prototype to T.O.P. ensuring consistency across styles and factories; manages and tracks fit samples; manages fit model schedules and budgets.
- Meet all T&A calendar requirements and works “outside the box” to resolve any fit or construction issues that could affect the approved timelines.
- Schedule and supervise any freelance technical assistance needed to meet deadlines.
- Enhance the MeUndies fit and quality through review of customer comments & returns as well as doing competitive analysis.
- B.A or equivalent
- 7-10 years of experience in technical design, preferably underwear
- Pattern making skills and knowledge of intimates garment construction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team-oriented mindset
- Multi-tasking abilities and a calm demeanor
- The ability to shift priorities when needed
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
And the little things.
Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg (choose the cold brew by day, and the IPA by night).
Even everyday things.
There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.