Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As a Manager/Sr, Product Design, you will be responsible for growing and managing a team of designers across multiple products. You will be expected to have strong communication and mentoring skills. In addition to management the ideal candidate would also have strong UX skills and the ability to do hands-on design work.
What You’ll Do During Your First 12-18 Months
- Lead the design process for your team from concept to release
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive experience across all products
- Manage and coach Product Designers
- Grow the team by attracting and hiring talent
- Work closely with Product and Engineering
- Ability to jump in as an IC when necessary
What You’ll Have
- 5+ years of experience with mobile and web design
- A portfolio showcasing work, executed either by yourself or a team you led
- Strong IC skills, with at least 1 year of managing people but looking to grow into management
- A user-centered approach to designing software
- Experience with design tools, like Sketch, Invision, and Abstract
- Experience with design systems built in Sketch
Nice To Have:
- Experience at a fast growing startup
- Experience with marketplaces
- Experience with service design
- Experience with framer, front end coding, or another hifi prototyping tool
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.