Sr. Visual Product Designer
Greater LA Area
At SimplePractice, we have over 35,000 private practice clinicians using our best-in-class platform and mobile apps to run great businesses and deliver better care to millions of clients.
As the market leader, we’re not about to rest. It’s now time to take our platform to the next level. That means bringing consistency and polish to the user experience and visual design which brought us to this point while also expanding functionality to meet even more needs of modern health and wellness business owners. To accomplish this we’re building a world-class team of experienced software designers looking to do great work that has a direct and profound impact on the lives of customers.
Each member of this team will earn ownership of design systems and areas of our platform. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers, engineers, support agents, and customers to expand the power of our platform by maintaining its simplicity. A thoughtfully designed interplay between our scheduling, billing, documentation, and client communication systems is what earned us market leadership. That same commitment to innovative, disciplined product design will carry us to success in the next phase of our journey.
Demonstrate great work, great judgement, and adapt to our unique and high-functioning development process and you’ll quickly earn a tremendous amount of responsibility, autonomy, and leadership opportunity.
- Take ownership of the look and feel of SimplePractice products and services and bring our visual identity into a more modern state, and more importantly, to a more useful state for all customers
- Deliver finalized, pixel perfect designs for all product development projects
- Take ownership of our pattern library and optimize our component-based design process
- Hold the design team, and everyone in the organization, accountable for using consistent, reusable, systematic design patterns
- Produce a range of visual assets, including section layouts and site templates, creative element arrangements, animation elements, section layout guidelines, asset and interaction/motion libraries, etc
- Collaborate with Marketing and Customer Success to drive a consistent customer experience across all touchpoints
- Develop final files from concepts and ensure efficient file handoffs
- Develop prototypes, visual designs, and other assets for testing
- Test your designs with customers in a lean, agile way
- Rapidly iterate upon your designs based on user insights and team feedback
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a consistent, elegant and pleasant user experience
- 5+ years experience designing software products and platforms
- Experience building complex platforms with extensive systems (calendaring, billing, accounting or finance systems experience a plus)
- A portfolio of amazing UI and strategic user experiences—work we can click on or download in the app store
- Experience working directly with engineers and managing clear project handoffs when design is complete
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions
- You are a strategic and collaborative thinker; able to ideate and execute new product features
- You have an inherent talent for creating simple, clear solutions from complex problems
- You stress the details and care about creating a truly delightful experience
- You're up-to-date regarding the latest web design and technology trends
Read Full Job Description