Sr. UX Researcher at Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook
Discover it Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
As a UX Researcher, you will own all discovery & validation studies and be a trusted partner of the Product team that contributes to the strategic planning and execution of Nordstrom Off-Price digital products. This role will support ongoing UX research across all product teams (Web, Mobile, Omni-Channel) and will collaborate closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, Marketing, and Site Merchandising. While the role will initially focus on near-term project research, we are looking for candidates who can build out and mature the research practice within our broader User Experience team. A successful UX Researcher will deliver insights that lead to demonstrable business value and be an advocate for the role of solid research within the entire Nordstrom organization.
A day in the life…
- Serve as our UX research expert and cultivate a deep understanding of customer (both online and in-stores) needs, pain points, behaviors and motivations.
- Be a trusted strategic partner that collaborates closely with Product Managers, Designers and Stakeholders to identify research topics, assess project needs and develop appropriate research plans.
- Effectively synthesize + report insights into actionable guidance using relevant models such as personas, mental models, customer journeys, usability reports, etc.
- Plan, organize and conduct research initiatives including on-site, remote and in-field studies with customers for future product launches and usability assessments for products under development.
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Sociology or relevant field
- 4+ years of experience designing both generative + evaluative research
- A strength in quantitative research, and even stronger in qualitative research
- A strength in comprehension of Design Thinking process + methodologies/frameworks
- Ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Experience in online retail research, interest in fashion, MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- An introspective, responsible approach to self-growth
- A proactive and collaborative approach with the ability to contribute to a multi-discipline team
- Clear and effective written/verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices, Design process and methodology, particularly in omnichannel practices
- Experience with e-commerce and interest in fashion is a plus
- Adaptability & capacity to learn quickly