Sr. Product Designer at Inspire
Inspire’s Design Studio is seeking a Product Designer with a focus on hybrid mobile app experience. You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Engineering, Research and Design counterparts to improve the user experience of our member app.
You will be mainly responsible for designing the UI/UX in our member hybrid app along with supporting, member communications & future web app experiences. You anticipate what users need, validate those ideas, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them, building a best-in-class user experience.
THE SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategize — Brainstorm, define, prototype and test new software features as we evolve our UX and device ecosystem
- Collaboration — Work with PMs, Engineers and Design team members to communicate a direction and point of view.
- Alignment — Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible artifacts so that the cross-functional team can align on vision and a path forward.
- Research — Integrate data, research, user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocacy — Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements based on business needs and Design Thinking
SOME EXPECTED 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Mobile App — Improved UX and UI
- UX Research — Conduct ux research initiatives to better understand user needs and pain points to continually improve the user experience
- App engagement
- Onboarding completion
- System Usability Score of 75+
- Excellent Communicator - Communication is the key to any successful product. Not only between teammates but also inside of our product. The ideal candidate is obsessive about clear communication to set expectations and articulate their vision. Along with clearly communicating with our users and baking those learnings into our digital product.
- Self Starter - At Inspire you will own and lead out on your product line. Being a self starter means you can start with an early idea and mold it into a clear defined concept with your counter parts. Self starter means not waiting to be told what to do.
- Collaborator - Like life we believe in balance, as much we want you to be a self starter, we believe in true collaboration. The ideal candidate will know that only through collaborating with other designers, engineering and product managers can the best ideas come to life.
- Organized - The title says it all. We LOVE organization, in true start up fashion it is a battle to maintain excellent organization. That is why we are looking for someone who has organization built into their day to day process. No mess, no stress.
- User Obsessed - How do you build without knowing who you are building for? We don’t know either. At Inspire we put a heavy focus on talking to our Members or future Members in order to really understand what is best for them. Ideally you have participated or conducted generative research and or usability sessions to test your concepts. The only way to check your assumptions is to ask.
- Curiosity - You are curious through and through always wanting to dive deeper and learn as much as you can. This is not just an at work quality but something that drives you.
- Must Have
- 5+ years experience designing visually compelling web/mobile apps
- Attention to detail and a solid understanding of UX and UI
- Familiarity with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and good ol’ pen & paper
- An understanding of modular, grid-based, systems design
- Basic understanding of how designs are implemented by client engineers (HTML/CSS/JS, bootstrap, flexbox, etc)
- Familiarity with the design sprint process and rapid prototyping
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Nice to Have
- Experience at a high-growth company
- Experience at a consumer facing company
- Experience with IoT application development
- Experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve customer needs and business outcomes