About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Director, UX to design the user experience across Zwift. The ideal candidate for this role has a passion to understand complex systems, user behavior and motivations and translating them into best in class user experiences that are cohesive across hardware and software. You are a design leader with a track record of building best in class products. You have lead teams to deliver products on time and of the highest quality.
This role will work collaboratively with hardware, game design, engineering, analytics, product management and program management to deliver gamified and immersive experiences. You will be a critical member of the product development team.
If this is you, come join our team!
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH.
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you'll do:
- Set the UX strategy across both software and hardware with an emphasis on creating immersive experiences for our game and hardware ecosystem including unboxing, setup, onboarding and connectivity
- Design innovative, user-centered solutions that span the Zwift consumer experience
- Provide UX leadership and strategic guidance for the software interactions with our key hardware categories
- Partner with game design, product management, engineering and program management to set strategic priorities, define product goals and ensure that Zwift products deliver best in class user experiences
- Be the voice and advocate for the Zwift user by creating and driving a user-centric product development process
- Partner with the analytics, strategy and marketing teams to gather qualitative data from user research and quantitative behavioral analysis to inform the UX strategy
- Manage and grow our team of UX/UI designers, provide day-to-day guidance and leadership in the discipline of UX design
- Establish UX best practices across the Zwift experience
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in user experience design in a consumer focused software and/or hardware company
- Prior experience managing UX teams
- Bachelor’s degree in design or design related field, such as user experience design, industrial design
- Experience in a complex, cross functional organizations where you and your team needs to collaborate and integrate into teams across many disciplines
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
Of course we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live everyday:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.