Satchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our design team and lead us in our design projects. You will be responsible for leading the UI/UX process through the entire product design life cycle, from sketches, conceptual wires to high fidelity designs and their development. You will help assist other designers on the team and lead efforts across all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product, and interaction. You will partner with the Product and Marketing teams to produce, manage, and deliver high-quality designs for Saatchi Art, Hospitality Art Advisory, and The Other Art Fair.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Senior Designer grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society 6), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director, Creative
A typical day as a Senior Designer might include:
- Create beautifully crafted, usable and engaging user experiences for the Saatchi Art’s website and iOS app and The Other Art Fair’s website and iOS app.
- Lead all aspects of product design, including user research, user experience, visual, and interaction.
- Support marketing initiatives and campaigns across multiple channels.
- Manage and produce the Saatchi Art Catalog on a quarterly basis that includes scheduling, art direction, and securing location photoshoots for interiors, lifestyles, staff, etc.
- Ensuring brand consistency across all channels.
- Be conceptual and creative-minded, providing a unique perspective and support for projects.
- Collaborate effectively with Product, Marketing, and other team members and stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with the changing trends in design and best practices.
You’ll be successful if you are a creative and detail-oriented Senior Designer.
What You Have:
- A strong portfolio designing innovative UI/UX design solutions that are simple, engaging, and intuitive.
- Expert design knowledge of responsive web design and iOS design language.
- 5-7 years of ecommerce product design experience that includes Home, Discovery (Search/Browse), Product Details, Cart, Checkout, My Account, and Tools.
- Experience designing print and digital campaigns, catalogs, direct mail, social assets, and video.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present concepts and to work closely with co-workers, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems.
- Ability to iterate and evolve concepts based on constructive feedback.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, and Invision.
- Proficiency with video editing tools (After Effects, Premiere).
- Illustration/Drawing skills is a huge plus.
- Ability to produce top-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.