Sr. Art Director (Production)
You are a hands-on Senior Art Director who has proven your ability to motivate those around you with your vision and dedication to excellence. You have successfully demonstrated taking business goals and turning them into inspiring world-class designs. You are a fearless design leader, someone who can inspire and influence creatives across multiple disciplines.
You're driven to design brand stories that connect with customers across a variety of industries and take delight in building new brands from the ground up focused on tasty brand stories to engage customers hearts and stomachs. You are both imaginative and pragmatic. You have an inventor’s spirit, demonstrated proficiency in brand design, and proven experience moving projects from concept to successful execution.
- Work with Creative Directors and the design team to develop design concepts, gather information, discuss alternatives, gain approval and review design specifications.
- Fluency in moving from understanding and interpreting strategy to developing initial concepts. This also includes building brand guidelines to establish implementation across a range of different applications for digital, packaging and print.
- Create concepts, sketches, graphics, and high-fidelity executions in support of product design, packaging, brand, and marketing campaigns
- Create new style conventions that unify the brand with a solid creative vision across all mediums for food products.
- Present and defend your own work and that of your team to peers, stakeholders, and senior executives
- Working with Packaging Designers and Engineers to create concepts and layouts for new products based on research.
- Oversee routine and complex duties in the preparation of printing specifications, working with vendors to verify print specifications.
- Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs.
- 7+ years of experience in design within retail/advertising space
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating visual branding, product design, marketing, and great user-centered design solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management
- Ability to think spatially, understanding how a brand is consistently expressed and maintained in a physical environment
- Expert understanding of the trends in retail and food brands.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Design, Advertising, or related fields preferred.
- Experience with brand development, including brand launches, and in-store communication materials design, web and online, Print and content campaigns.
- Photography art direction experience.
- Background on hands-on visual display and visual merchandising and communications.
- Expert understanding of the trends in smart home and mobile. Has a love for design, keeps pace with it, and champions smart brands.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description