Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
GreenPark Sports is looking for a talented Senior User Experience (UX) designer. In this critical creative role, you will help to build our flagship mobile sports game. It blends fantasy sports, prediction & data modeling as well as mobile gaming into a daily sports experience. The UX designer will take game-play mechanics and shape them into a great game interface.
This role is responsible for designing wire-frames, prototyping user flows, and converting abstract gaming concepts into fun interfaces. It also requires a keen ability to communicate your work to stakeholders and the company at large. This position draws on advanced knowledge of user-experience principles, information architecture, and systems design. You can expect to develop in each of these categories and beyond. We are a small team with an eagerness to challenge each other and improve every day. You will be expected to work with other disciplines to create (and refine) a great experience for our users.
- Work with game designers to bring game experience to life
- Work with UI designers to bridge the look with the feel of the game
- Blend artistic perspectives, technical capabilities, and game design concepts into enjoyable interfaces
- Wireframe user flows for new and existing product features
- Identify user journeys, stories and personas
- Facilitate user testing and document the outcomes
- Prototype key interactions and moments from the game
- Present your work to executives and the company at large
- Collaborate with a diverse team of game designers, product managers, 3D animators and engineers
- Conduct research to help the team understand user behaviors and needs
- Iterate on everything, from small tweaks to large features
- Experience as a UX designer on released mobile games
- A strong foundation of UX design principles and information architecture
- Background knowledge of (or, a love of) sports and esports
- Experience working in Figma, Photoshop, & Illustrator
- Experience with prototyping tools like Principle, Proto.io, or Drama
- A keen interest in staying on top of industry trends
- A positive attitude towards guidance and feedback from directors and team leads
- An embrace of incremental improvement
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. Hey, that’s game, set and match! We offer exciting times ahead, lots of spectacular twists and turns, hard work and the sweet success of achieving something most people wouldn’t think possible - if they could imagine it at all. Ask questions, think thoughts and if it seems like a match, let’s chat.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.