Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our 800,000 members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process.
As our new Sr UX Designer, you’ll join a small team of collaborative user-centric experience designers focused on understanding our customers, continuously improving the Thrive Market user experience, and designing new features/functionality across our adaptive web and native platforms. For each of your assigned projects, you will partner with a Product Manager to shape the concept, execute iterative designs from wireframes and flows to refined detailed specifications, and collaborate with Software Development Engineers to see your design solutions through to launch. Your own ideas for projects will also be encouraged and you will have a significant impact on how customers experience Thrive Market.
- Lead design for native app and adaptive web features across mobile, desktop, and tablet
- Create iterative design documentation including user journey flows, wireframes, visual designs, and detailed specifications of behaviors and design implementation
- Create prototypes and testing materials of various levels of fidelity, and participate in user research activities such as interviews, usability testing, etc.
- Use user research data (from usability studies, surveys, interviews, etc.) and usage metrics to inform design choices
- Help implement and maintain Thrive Market’s design system
- Collaborate with Brand Experience Designers and Photographers to ensure brand alignment across all Thrive Market platforms and experiences
- Actively participate in design critiques
- Mentor and coach teammates
- 5+ years of success in product experience design
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating successful design solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure, or similar professional UX design software tools. We work in Adobe XD.
- Fluency in usability and interaction design best practices
- Excellent sense of visual design -- layout, composition, color, typography, etc.
- Experience designing for desktop and mobile web and native applications
- Experience with user-centric design processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Degree or comparable work experience in human computer interaction, interaction design, cognitive psychology, or similar discipline
- Experience using data to inform design choices
- Animation skills
- Experience creating functional prototypes
- Experience using Jira, or similar team collaboration tools
BELONG TO A BETTER MARKET - BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY!
-Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
-Dog Friendly Office
-Stocked kitchenLunch provided 5 days per week
-Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
Check us out here! You can also follow us on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We're a community of more than 500,000 members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (424) 291-9534 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
© Thrive Market 2019 All rights reserved.