Senior User Researcher
BlackLine has become the world's most trusted name in financial automation and defines the cutting-edge category of Modern Finance. We are a named Leader in the 2018 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Financial Corporate Performance Management, and one of the country's best workplaces in Technology by Fortune™ Magazine. We are looking for our first dedicated Researcher to define and own the best practices to leverage research and data to drive the product design and strategy.
The Product Design team at BlackLine drives product design and UX strategy across BlackLine's entire suite of solutions and supports the key business objectives of the company. If you welcome solving complex challenges at the system level, and are passionate about enhancing user experience and productivity, as well as investing in customer success via B2B SaaS... come work with us!
We are looking for the first dedicated researcher to join our team and shape our research practice. The Senior User Researcher should be a user research evangelist and is responsible for overseeing various projects across multiple products; this role will collaborate and align with product and engineering partners. This role contributes to the standardization of process and best practices to scale the research practice within the organization. Finally, this role will oversee end-to-end user-centered research and usability testing activities.
- Plan and conduct appropriate research and usability testing.
- Plan and conduct various workshops, including design sprint.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings and provide recommendations.
- Own and groom research best practices and process for the team.
- Guide and coach designers and product teams on research best practices.
- Manage research tools, investigate new methodologies and lead research process improvement.
- Build a research and testing cadence for product releases.
- Collect and prioritize client feedback and relevant data to inform the product design decisions.
- Present research findings and summary to the product team and executives.
- Moderate remote and in-person research studies.
- Conduct field studies.
- Coordinate testing logistics.
- Master's or Ph.D degree in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in user research.
- Strong working knowledge of research processes and user-centered design.
- Comfortable and fluent in leading and facilitating design and research workshops, exercises, and discussions.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills to present, facilitate, interview and document research artifacts.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in B2B software development.
- A research portfolio.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in setting up a research practice in an organization.
- Experience in Accounting is a plus.