Senior UI/UX Designer (Mobile)
The User Experience (UX) team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for the quality of the member experience across all of AAA’s digital products. We are in the middle of building out the UX competency across the organization and we’re looking for new team members to help us build something meaningful.
The Senior Product Designer works to lead, define, and drive iconic user experiences and interfaces for their digital product. The best candidates will have several years of experience contributing to multiple shipped products, collaborating with cross-functional peers on work from early stage concepts to launch. The role is responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment.
What will you do?
- Translate business goals into wireframes, user stories, user journeys, lo-hi fidelity prototypes and mockups optimized for Android, iOS, desktop and mobile web
- Participate in lean UX activities in an agile environment, such as user/design research and customer interviews.
- Partner with UX Lead and product management team to develop a shared vision.
- Design and facilitate workshops to scope an initiative, identify an opportunity, or generate potential solutions
- Work with the technology team to understand the current state and provide solutions without compromising on core experiential principles.
- Develop and maintain a user interface style guide and UX pattern library to maintain consistency across products and applications
- Review and critique the UX designs of assigned products in the AAA portfolio and ensure rich design quality (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc.).Tell meaningful stories about the user.
- Mentor other members of the UX team.
What do you need?
- 5+ years of experience providing interaction design solutions for mobile and/ or web applications.
- Proficiency in designing for iOS and Android devices.
- Experience in requirements discovery, definition, and analysis in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working in a broad portfolio of related products.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a strong sense of modern visual design, command of typography, and understanding of design fundamentals (color theory, balance, etc.)
- Examples of work showing strong understanding of responsive vs. adaptive design
- Examples of work showing strong understanding of micro-interactions
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to convey defined experiences, examples of process, and projects
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing.
- Strong experience generating ideas, brainstorming, and concept sketching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and storytelling skills, including the ability to articulate alternative design approaches.
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Invision, Zeplin.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent education and professional experience as an interaction/user experience designer.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.