Senior Technical Artist, Bitmoji (Pipeline) at Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Bitmoji is the digital you — a living cartoon character to instantly express who you are and how you're feeling in the moment. We believe that the magic of cartoons can improve everyone’s online lives, and empower people to communicate in ways that words alone can’t capture.
We're looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to develop and support our pipeline. Based out of our headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, you will be working with artists and engineering to streamline workflows to create the 3D Bitmoji assets and experiences that make millions of people happy around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain asset management and pipeline tools.
- Create artist workflows to insure asset integrity from creation to engine
- Automize workflows for both artist time and engine performance
- Ensure compatibility and troubleshoot engine issues across a variety of real-time platforms
- Design, develop, test, and document new techniques in production
- Share your knowledge and experience with the team and be part of driving a positive work environment
- Push the limits of the real-time graphics experience!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya and production experience in Unity
- Deep understanding of Python scripting, OOP, and Git with understanding of coding best practices
- Solid understanding of artist workflows and tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter, and Zbrush
- A deep end-to-end understanding of the 3D animation pipeline, tool development, and real time graphics
- Experience creating GUI tools with a focus on UX
- Ability to work cross-functionally by communicating effectively with production, other departments and teams across Snap
- Strong communication skills and preference for working within a collaborative team environment
- Be solutions focused, and able to help identify and problem solve gaps in a production workflow
- Highly self motivated, look for positive outcomes, be well organized and driven
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Animation or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of experience as Technical Artist, Pipeline Developer or related position
- Experiences building pipeline utilizing Autodesk Shotgun, Perforce
- Maya API, and Maya plugins development
- Understanding of rigging, and automating rigging processes
- Experience with Lens Studio is a plus! https://lensstudio.snapchat.com
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]