Senior Technical Animator ( UE4) at Wevr
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:41 p.m. (PST) on Friday, September 20, 2019
When it comes to creating mind blowing immersive experiences Wevr, a pioneering immersive entertainment studio, knows the game! With some of the top talent in the industry, not only do we work hard to create an environment that helps us attract top talent but we cultivate a culture with more opportunities for our team to continue to thrive.
We hire a mix of the best talent. From seasoned industry veterans to talented rising stars, our goal is to incorporate diversity that garners new perspectives and experiences. We love working with brave talent who thrive in navigating the waters of the ever evolving modern interactive entertainment world.
About the Job
As a Senior Technical Animator, you will work closely with the animators, riggers, technical designers, and engineers to design and implement animation and character systems in UE4. Your first project will be an unannounced, high-profile VR project based on one of the foremost popular IPs in the world. Your goal will be to bring beloved and well-known characters to life in VR.
- Design in-engine animation system and character state systems
- Closely work with creatives and technical designers to integrate animation and interactivity
- Work with engineering team to help push fidelity and believability
- Work with digital artists to set requirements, define processes and standards
- Work with technical designers to troubleshoot animation related issues
- 3+ years of UE4 technical animation experience in video game or movie industry
- Deep experience with animation state machines and blend systems in UE4
- Demonstrated experience with animation software such as Maya
- Well organized and enjoys working with artists, designers and engineers
- Are willing to work in Los Angeles (Venice Beach)
- Has flexible hours for those with difficult commutes
- Is comfortable working with remote developers
- Is dog friendly
***Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Read Full Job Description