Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We’re designing products that make some of life’s most stressful events a lot easier. Clutter customers arrive at moments of change—when we make moving or storing seamless, it can be an immense relief.
As a Senior Product Designer at Clutter, you’ll help moving and storage customers discover, book, and manage useful services. You will also explore the internal tools in the hands of Clutter teammates, which help power a standout customer experience. We’re looking for a designer who is energized by variety, and enjoys projects with broad surface area, while grounding their solutions in qualitative insights and data.
Day to day, you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with designers, product managers, engineers, and marketers on critical projects that span different product areas. You will expertly craft design solutions and continually advocate for customer needs.
As an early member of the design team, you’ll also have an outsized influence on how design operates at Clutter, helping to create a culture of valuable critique and collaboration.
In this role, you will:
- Craft beautiful, usable flows that solve problems
- Select and create appropriate artifacts—from sketches, to wireframes, to finished mocks—to meet the challenge at hand
- Conduct primary user research to better understand our customers, and translate insights into product recommendations
- Help refine and evolve our brand identity in collaboration with marketing
- Establish and iterate on design systems to support rapid design and development
- Collaborate with the design team as it grows to define culture
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience working in design
- A portfolio of strong web and mobile work, demonstrating holistic thinking and end-to-end product design
- Work that shows creative, user-centered solutions, with demonstrated strength in visual design, brand, and information architecture
- An inspiring, engaging and clear communication style, with an ability to communicate your ideas through design artifacts, written documents, or presentations to gain alignment with your teams
- Strong ability to translate research insights and data into design recommendations
- Expertise in landing page optimization and/or e-commerce checkout flows
- Experience architecting campaigns for various social media channels, and executing on asset creation
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional groups to ship great work as a team through a collaborative design process
- Bonus points for animation, iconography, or design systems work
- Live in, or be willing to eventually relocate to, Los Angeles
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.