We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As Senior Product Designer, you'll get to design our customer and driver experiences on web and mobile with bold vision going from research to final designs.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to push product from the ground up and is looking for ownership to spread their wings and test the limits. You’re focused on action and lead by example in a hands on and collaborative way.
What you'll get to do
- Work in an inclusive environment to grow and be challenged
- Build flows that make the complex feel simple through great design
- Design collaboratively on both our web and mobile products
- Create and iterate on designs for challenging product problems
- Architect the style and structure of our design language system
- Meet with users and get to understand their problems and desires
- Schedule and run user testing on prototypes to validate your hypothesis
- Establish key metrics to indicate success or failure after new designs rollout
What success looks like in this role
- 5+ years of UI/UX product design experience creating web and mobile apps at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- You work primarily within Sketch or Figma
- Significant experience doing in-person user research and effectively using the findings
- Experience working with engineers and delivering projects in a clear and concise way
- Ability to build and explain component based design systems to both designers and non-designers
- Understanding of complex user tasks that scale from novice to advanced
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution focused environment
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and accountability
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred but not required
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description