Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer at Weedmaps you will create intuitive design solutions for native and web products that serve millions of users worldwide. This role will work closely with product owners, designers, and engineers to see these products and features through from concept to implementation. This role will create compelling user experiences and will have a strong understanding of user-centered design principles. Bringing solutions to the table early in the product development cycle and anticipating the areas that design can solve problems.
This design position will create user flows, wireframes, pixel perfect comps, interactive prototypes, and knows how to best use these tools to properly communicate their vision. Must thrive in a highly collaborative and agile product environment and be skilled at selling and defending work while professionally responding to feedback. Must have strong understanding of user testing and research practices to augment the design process. Come be a part of a team of designers & creatives passionate about creating a collaborative and exciting environment while shipping industry changing product. This is a full-time position located in our Irvine office.
- 3-6 years of professional design experience.
- Advanced design skills in most facets of product design.
- Has shipped several products/features over the years and understands what it takes to create awesome products.
- Knows how and when to use data to help inform design decisions.
- Can take full ownership of the work and take responsibility for every last detail.
- Can lead medium-sized projects.
- Influences other team members outside his/her own project.
- Can clearly communicate design decisions.
- Has a good work ethic and attitude towards growing.
- Collaborates with engineering, product, marketing, and other departments to define and deliver innovative, iterative solutions.
- Works collaboratively with the product manager on defining requirements, producing wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user interfaces. Interactions, and prototypes.
- Personally contributes towards squad and chapter goals.
- Contributes to the growth of our design system and holistic product experience.
- Pair with front-end developers to ensure designs are executed according to spec.
- Participates in team reviews/critiques at various stages of the product life cycle.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced.
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options.
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym.
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy.
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy.
- 401k with competitive match.
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!