Tinder empowers users around the globe to create new connections that otherwise might never have been possible. We build products that bring people together! We are dedicated to delivering innovative products through early continuous delivery of high quality software consumed by millions. The Product Design team within Core oversees the user experience and visual design of the basic things that users think of as “Tinder:” adding profile details, swiping, matching, and chatting.
As a Senior Product Designer on Tinder’s Core pillar, you will assist the team across the entire Swipe-Match-Chat experience. Using a research-focused design practice, and an ability to oscillate seamlessly between low and high fidelities, you will help iterate on, prototype, and user test new features. This work will support the Core pillar’s Product Design team, with a holistic view of Tinder’s core experience.
What You'll Do:
- Support several designers with their workloads by helping move their wireframes and mockups into high fidelity prototypes.
- Test concepts with users, and work with other designers to refine based on your findings.
- Try to match in-app fidelity (for a complex, gestural app) via advanced prototyping tools and techniques.
- Iterate on design, based on feedback from team members, stakeholders, and users.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to iterate on new features and product iterations.
- Communicate works-in-progress via project management tools such as JIRA and/or Monday.com.
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years professional experience, with 2+ in mobile design.
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.)
- Validated experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design.
- A passion for crafting both low and high fidelity prototyping.
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing.
- A detailed understanding of UX standard methodologies and patterns.
- Experience with quantitative data, specifically refining work based on analytics findings.
- A strong portfolio of product design, showing an excellent sense of typography, layout, and interaction design.
- First-hand experience with current design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Principle, Framer, Flinto, etc), and an eagerness to learn new ones.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience designing for Core consumer facing features.
- Experience with animation for interfaces.
- Basic front end development skills: enough to conceptualize (and empathize with) the challenges faced by mobile engineers.
- Background in graphic design or motion graphics
- A future-forward perspective, sophisticated by a curiosity about technology and society.
- A broad curiosity about several design fields (product, graphic, industrial, architectural, fashion, etc.).
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.