Senior Product Designer @ Tinder, Design Systems
Tinder empowers users around the world to create new connections that otherwise might never have been possible. We build products that bring people together. We are dedicated to delivering innovative products through early and continuous delivery of high quality software consumed by millions. We're a tight-knit design team, with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development, and looking for a Senior Product Designer for our Design Systems team.
The ideal candidate has a deep level of experience building product design systems, seasoned communication skills and a strong design passion for evangelizing the design system across the organization.
In this role you will:
- Be the lead design point of contact for the design systems—leading workshops, communicating updates to leadership, and onboarding new designers and engineers.
- Partner with product management, engineering, user research, and others to build and grow the design system, own the design execution and measure ongoing improvements.
- Invite and collect a range of feedback across teams, synthesizing and narrowing in on solutions that balance your recommendation, the needs of stakeholders, Tinder’s brand, best practices and our users.
- Own and maintain our DS documentation, including our internal website and Figma component library.
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push the design system forward.
- Contribute to a creative, supportive culture and mentor junior team members.
We're looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience working on mobile design systems across product design and engineering teams.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a product or UX designer.
- A passion for system design, and deep knowledge of iOS/Material/Desktop standards.
- Experience managing component libraries in Figma.
- Self starter attitude with excitement to work in a fast paced and low ego environment.
- A strong cross-functional partner and great communicator.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills.
- Excellence in visual design / Brand craft.
- Experience designing for a large scale user base (5m+).
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing.
- Experience with quantitative data and/or surveys, and refining work based on findings.
- Basic front end development skills: enough to conceptualize (and empathize with) the challenges faced by mobile engineers.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.