Senior Graphic Designer
Named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2017 and as Digiday's Most Innovative Publisher in 2018 - Who What Wear is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join their talented team of creative experts. Our designers are the makers and storytellers that use design to bring ideas to life! The Senior Graphic Designer will support the Creative team working on editorial, branded content, marketing and events across Who What Wear. This role will work closely with the Art Directors to create exciting designs that fit the brands’ needs while staying true to the aesthetic. The Senior Designer will also lead and mentor a team of junior designers.
We are looking for a creative, self-motivated visual artist who is passionate about the fashion/beauty space and has a keen eye for design with strong typography and layout skills, a strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills. This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Art Director.
- Support Creative team in development and design of all Who What Wear brand designs including editorial layout, branded content projects, video graphics, social designs, print and branded collateral
- Work collaboratively with the Art Director and the Editors to ensure images and art are aligned with brand identity across the board
- Lead and mentor junior designers
- Collaborate with the cross-functional partners and create to meet the ever-evolving needs of the business
- Present well-developed and strategic creative solutions to meet brand objectives
- Source imagery that is in line with WWW aesthetic and work closely with the Picture Editor to ensure a similar process and quality control is maintained
- Edit and retouch imagery as necessary
- Create beautiful typography to catch the eye of the reader and add interest to the designs
- Concept and execute engaging graphic content and Illustrations
- Self-manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Establish best practices and manage an organized workflow
- Stay abreast of competitor creatives, industry trends, user experience, new platforms best practices and other information beneficial to design and user interface of the Clique brands
- Keep up to date with the most current web and interactive design trends and new ideas and interpret those into relevant creative
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager
What you bring:
- BS/BA/BFA in Graphic Design or similar experience (fashion and beauty space is a plus)
- 4+ Years in related field
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Digital, Photography, and Typography
- Experience designing digital content such as web assets, social media, online advertising, and email campaigns
- Experience designing print including branding and packaging
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced environment
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com andwhowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with 19 products all under $20. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Who What Wear also has offices in New York City, London, and Minneapolis, and has Amazon, Greycroft Partners, BDMI, WndrCo, and others as key investors.
Who What Wear is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.