Senior Graphic Designer at FIGS (Santa Monica, CA)
FIGS is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to help bring the FIGS brand to life! The ideal candidate has outstanding typography skills, a great eye, and a passion for graphics, art direction and pushing the creative boundaries. The role will report directly to the Senior Manager of Graphic Design.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support and guidance for design-specific projects companywide to ensure the FIGS brand look, feel tone are authentic and consistent.
- Drive multiple projects to completion —from executive presentation decks to leading graphic design direction on capsule launches.
- Offer input on creative meetings, collaboratively brainstorm ideas, implement feedback from leadership, and help to build FIGS’ creative concepts
- Support with branded corporate internal materials as needed
- Identify internal and external design/branding opportunities
- Provide art direction and work collaboratively with copywriters as necessary
What you have:
- Strong working knowledge of the following programs is a must:
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop,
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience seeing projects through from inception to production
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- High motivation for maintaining and improving design standards
- The ability to accept feedback gracefully and translate feedback seamlessly
- Illustration and experience design preferred
- Experience with FIGMA and motion graphics a plus
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
Please apply with your resume and portfolio to be considered.
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.