FIGS is seeking an experienced Senior Designer with extensive understanding of premium performance apparel, technical fabrications, trims and finishes. They will report to our VP of Production overseeing apparel and accessory design. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for innovation, concept, and forward, elevated designs. We’re seeking someone with experience presenting seasonal lines with storytelling while meeting end-use needs for the health professional. They will collaborate with the CEO and VP of Production to establish seasonal design direction. This person will also manage relationships with cross-functional partners including all aspects of the design development calendar, tech pack creation, coordination and calendar processes to ensure products align with brand vision. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. Lastly, they are creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualization and design creation from to completion
- Create men’s and women’s original scrub apparel and accessories relative to the seasonal concept
- Create and maintain line sheets, oversee all tech pack creation and updates
- Create mood boards and concept direction
- Partner with Product Manager on the status of styles and development to manage day to day communication with factories
- Source fabrics and trims to execute premium quality final products appropriate for medical professionals
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings to ensure all products are executed to meet conceptual aesthetic
- Create graphic artworks and translate into vision for seasonal conceptsPartners with customer service to gain end user consumer insights
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role within an apparel DTC company
- Extensive knowledge of woven and knit garment construction and technical end purposes
- Highly creative with a strong understanding of FIGS brand aesthetic with in-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Organized, self-motivated, deadline focused and goal driven
- Strong passion for apparel design and ability to recognize and translate into medical apparel product
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and knowledge of CAD
- Team player
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Able to work with little supervision
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
A little bit about us:
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor-quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded e-commerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.