Senior Designer, Brand
Tamara Mellon is currently seeking a Senior Designer, Brand at our head office located in West Hollywood, CA. The position reports directly to the Senior Creative Manager / Marketing.
WHO WE ARE
Tamara Mellon is a footwear brand spearheading the next generation of luxury. Our shoes are handcrafted in Italy, but sold at direct-to-women prices— eliminating the 6x retail markup of traditional luxury brands. We break all the rules of fashion by ignoring the seasonal calendar with monthly product drops, and adhere to a consumer-centric, women-first model. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
WHAT WE DO
Tamara’s essence and expertise combined with leading Italian craftsmanship creates a unique experience and product designed to lift women up and make them feel stronger. We are straightforward and honest, and combine this with incredible one-of-a-kind service through complimentary shipping, returns, and our Cobbler Concierge.
WHO WE DO IT FOR
Our woman is strong, unapologetic, a little irreverent, and takes care of herself. We identify with the woman who is breaking down barriers, shattering glass ceilings, and reaching her full potential.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Tamara Mellon is leading a revolution in society and in business. Working with us means having the opportunity to share your voice, contribute to a fast-growing startup, and recreate what it means to be a luxury brand. We are looking for driven, passionate, and quick-learning talent.
- 6-8+ years design experience
- A portfolio showing a wide range of clients and project types, particularly web/digital/email/social design, campaign concepting and production, and print experience.
- Background in Luxury Brand Design for Print and Digital, and strong eye for Photography
- Expert level skills in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
- Video Editing & Post Production - basic experience with Adobe Premiere. AfterEffects & Animate a plus
- Strength of experience in typography, design and graphic design principles
- Contribute stellar design skills with creative, edgy, and bold concepts for email, marketing and branding projects with a keen eye for a simple, elevated design
- Develop and execute creative concepts and designs that meet brand guidelines.
- Create moodboards, storyboards and concept art for campaigns
- Assist Art Director on photo shoots for campaign and marketing content for brand
- Reviewing junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Working knowledge of print and digital production and optimizing final files for delivery
- Strong communication skills and ability to stay on-task with projects through completion
- A great attitude, ability to take criticism, willingness to learn; able to absorb and apply feedback quickly with a positive outlook.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced startup.
- Up to date on trends in direct to consumer fashion
- BFA, BA or other design-related degree desired.
Medical, Dental and Vision
12 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave
Carrot Fertility - $10K paid by employer annually, $20K lifetime
Fast-paced, energetic and entrepreneurial culture with long-term career development opportunities
Employee discount (you love shoes, right?)