Senior Design Manager at Spokeo
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:49 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, June 4, 2020
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 14 billion records and 15 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
We are looking for a great Senior Design Manager to join us in our Pasadena, CA office. You are an experienced leader with 5+ years of designing and delivering successful products to the market. You are passionate about building products that people love. You have excellent communication skills and work well cross-functionally with other departments. You are hungry to learn and develop yourself in all aspects of design, product, and leadership. You are comfortable managing a small team of designers, using boba as positive reinforcement, and partnering with peer functional leaders!
- Manage, grow, and mentor a team of mid to senior-level designers.
- Encourage and promote clear objectives, career development, work satisfaction, and a happy work environment.
- Operate projects smoothly across multiple teams, delivering pixel-perfect and high fidelity designs.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data Analytics, and Marketing to help define product strategy and champion user experience.
- Oversee the creation of product flows, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate user experiences and design ideas.
- Work hands-on with designers to define problems, create design systems, and ship high-quality final product.
- Show great understanding of UX/UI patterns, responsive web and mobile app design, and user research.
- Develop Spokeo's design vision and strategy while increasing its public representation. This includes writing for our blog, speaking, community building, outreach, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with UX/UI design, including 1+ years of design leadership experience.
- An extensive online portfolio of design work, showcasing your proven track record of successfully shipping products from concept to launch, detailing your role in each.
- Demonstrated experience in visual design, experience design, user flows, site architecture, prototyping, and user research/testing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and honestly with team members and senior leadership. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in visual and web design tools such as Sketch and the Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite.
- Experience building rapid prototypes with tools such as Framer, Figma, Axure, Origami, etc.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Read Full Job Description