Senior Design Engineer
The Senior Pod Design Engineer will have full ownership of a Hyperloop One Pod Subsystem. This person is directly responsible for defining requirements, conceptualizing and detailing the design, completing requisite analysis, supporting manufacturing and installation, as well as verifying the design through testing.
On a day to day, this person will be modeling in our CAD software (NX), performing hand calculations, GD&T, and structural analysis (ANSYS) of parts and complex assemblies. They will interact closely with many functional groups including our Test & Development, Manufacturing, and Electromagnetics team.
Ideally the Senior Pod Design Engineer is coming from an environment where they have been able to participate in the full design lifecycle. From defining design requirements to modeling, manufacturing, and production, this person will be hands on from day one. This person should also be highly skilled in a CAD software (we use NX) and have experience using a PLM software (such as Teamcenter). Experience with regulatory certification, configuration management, and integrated testing is preferred.
Due to the nature of this role, this person should also be highly knowledgeable of various materials (metallic/composites) and best testing practices. As we move towards a commercial scale system, knowledge of vacuum, space rated life support systems, thermal management, and fuselage design would also be useful in this position.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• BS in a related field of Engineering or 3+ years of experience doing full cycle design of large, complex assemblies
• Highly skilled in a CAD Modeling software such as NX and has used a PLM software such as Teamcenter
• Ability to perform hand calculations and proficiency in GD&T
• Hands-on knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication methods
• Solid understanding of engineering first principles
• Understanding of material behavior (metallic/composites)
• Experience designing a pressurized aircraft fuselage (metallic and/or composite)
• Vacuum or space rated life support system design
• Background in thermal management and heat rejection systems
• CAD configuration management experience
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.