Tamara Mellon is currently seeking a Retoucher at our head office located in West Hollywood, CA. The position reports directly to Creative and Marketing Manager.
WHO WE ARE
Tamara Mellon is a footwear brand spearheading the next generation of luxury. Our shoes are handcrafted in Italy, but sold at direct-to-women prices— eliminating the 6x retail markup of traditional luxury brands. We break all the rules of fashion by ignoring the seasonal calendar with monthly product drops, and adhere to a consumer-centric, women-first model. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
WHAT WE DO
Tamara’s essence and expertise combined with leading Italian craftsmanship creates a unique experience and product designed to lift women up and make them feel stronger. We are straightforward and honest, and combine this with incredible one-of-a-kind service through complimentary shipping, returns, and our Cobbler Concierge.
WHO WE DO IT FOR
Our woman is strong, unapologetic, a little irreverent, and takes care of herself. We identify with the woman who is breaking down barriers, shattering glass ceilings, and reaching her full potential.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Tamara Mellon is leading a revolution in society and in business. Working with us means having the opportunity to share your voice, contribute to a fast-growing startup, and recreate what it means to be a luxury brand. We are looking for driven, passionate, and quick-learning talent.
- Retouch, color correct, composite and create animated gifs for print and digital campaigns while achieving exceptional quality and consistency of all assets.
- Retouch products on model and in still life for campaign, social, catalog and e-commerce imagery
- Revise and finalize imagery per feedback from Art Director
- Ensure color accuracy and consistency across all images
- Work closely with the creative team with grace and ease
- Prepare images primarily for web with knowledge of print
- 5+ years retouching experience
- Retouching portfolio that demonstrates consistency and proficiency in retouching, color correcting and compositing
- A strong creative eye and interest in fashion, art and culture
- Understanding of color theory, color correction, RGB/CMYK color space and conversions
- Mastery of skin retouching (to maintain natural texture), advanced masking, shadow creation, complex layering etc.
- Proven ability to complete work on strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort navigating large volumes of digital content: keeping files organized, adhering to our layering structure in Photoshop files
- Print retouching experience and/or knowledge is a plus
- Experience with photo retouching in fashion/e-commerce industry is a plus
- This is a full time in house position. Must live in the Greater Los Angeles area
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited paid time off
- Employee discount (you love shoes, right?)
- #TMFitness class once a week