Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to help technologists learn, grow and find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find purposeful work and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.
We’re looking for a Product Designer
Built In is looking for a Product Designer with in-depth experience designing for web and mobile devices. If you are someone with a drive to create beautiful designs with the best-possible user experience, who thrives in a fast paced environment - then this is the job for you. You’ll be joining an experienced Product Design team that is setup with proper file management, design asset library and follows industry standard UX methodologies and processes.How you’ll contribute
- Lead and design sophisticated, human-centric experiences as we define new digital products and iterate on existing features.
- Partner closely with Product, SEO and Engineering to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable, on-brand product features
- Contribute to and maintain a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital products
- Test, interview and conduct remote and in-person usability tests utilizing digital prototypes and surveys
- Participate in collaborative sketching sessions and contribute to high-level strategic design decisions
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and developers, and deliver pixel-perfect designs for stakeholder review and Engineer implementation
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas to push the evolution of our product
- 4+ years experience designing software or customer-facing products with a strong emphasis on visual or interaction design
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, UX or relevant field
- Experience with Figma and Zeplin (or similar) and knowledgeable in HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- A proven record of delivering inventive solutions on time for demanding and complex design problems.
- Professional knowledge of user-centered, interaction design and web standards for both maintaining compatibility and using future-forward technologies
- You're a collaborative, self-motivated, team player who views the team's success as your success
- Your portfolio demonstrates your ability to conduct UX strategy and execute visual design throughout the product life cycle: from sketching big picture flows during discovery brainstorms to generating true-to-size screen designs, leading in-person user testing sessions and creating production-ready assets for technical development.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a woman CEO and founder, and that more than half of our managers and employees identify as women
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM