Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGOpens in New Window
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Product Designer (full-time, salaried, regular) will be an effective cross-functional problem solver who applies design thinking and a visual and interactive sense to our apps and websites to design usable and delightful interfaces and interactions. Working closely with Product Managers and User Experience Designers, the Product Designer will own the execution of the user interface from designing mockups, building prototypes, and polishing the quality of the final product. This designer will work to elevate the product beyond utility by designing for emotion and desire, obsessing over the details that take a product from great to exceptional. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Create interaction design patterns for our customer-facing native and web apps, connected device experiences, and websites.
• Translate wireframes and experiences into highly-polished visual composites with attention to interaction design that follow style and brand guidelines.
• Collect and create visual assets for all touchpoints. Assist in maintaining these assets.
• Develop high-quality visual approaches, then refine these into complete, functional design systems.
• Shape and improve the user experience using imagery, photography, typography, space, layouts, and color for the optimal aesthetic appeal.
• Account for variations in visual display across a variety of devices and platforms handled errors and edge cases and defined elegant micro-interactions.
• Create and implement new styles, interactions, animations, and details to help deliver premium experiences.
• Use customer-driven insights to provide delightful customer experiences and create a perception of quality.
• This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
• 3-5 years in a related position with proven results
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• A passion for analyzing and solving complex problems through design
• A deep understanding of design that extends beyond "how it looks"
• The ability to learn quickly and evaluate critical feedback efficiently
• Experience in design and prototyping with tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, and HTML/CSS
• Analytical aware but understands that you can't A/B test your way to innovation
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Adobe Creative Suite, FIgma, Sketch, InVision.
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.