Product Designer at BloomNation
BloomNation is a platform that helps independent florists thrive in the world of e-commerce. We've built an entire ecosystem that helps empower florists and levels the playing field against the large online brokers. Our mission is to empower these small businesses with the tool to gain and keep online customers. We are looking for a product designer to craft elegant, customer-focused experiences to join our growing product design team. You will collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team (Designers, product managers, engineers, QAs, Marketers) to work on projects throughout the planning, design and development lifecycle.
What you’ll be doing
- Create user journeys, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, specs, etc. to clearly communicate solutions to stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to explore, build, and ship an extraordinary product.
- Advocate for our users’ needs while helping your team develop empathy for our users.
- Capable of insight-driven decision making (from data and user behavior).
- Contribute and maintain BloomNation design system and visual materials.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to validate design solutions, including analysis and synthesis of output from a variety of qualitative methodologies.
- Lives and breathes design!
- Ability to both provide and receive design criticism constructively, and appreciation for its importance within the design process.
- Proficiency designing for multiple media, devices, and platforms
- 1-3 years of experience
- Proficiency in current design software (Figma, Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, Framer, etc)
- An online portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic and strong eye for detail
What's in it for you
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Tons of growth opportunities, with the ability to make an immediate impact and mold a career in tech
- Generous holiday, vacation and sick time
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credits
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic, collaborative and dedicated group of people from all over the world
More about us!
BloomNation is the online marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we show no signs of slowing down.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise. If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!