Product Designer at Factual
At Factual, we help people leverage our high quality location data through tools for anyone who wants to uncover new insights, enrich a product, engage an audience, or understand through analysis. Design plays a crucial role in creating these tools that help people understand and get work done at organizations ranging from smaller startups and agencies to larger companies such as Amazon, Snapchat, Facebook, Adobe, Google DoubleClick, and The Trade Desk.
We’re looking for a UI/UX designer who loves making complicated data and workflows simple. You’ll be taking our data and mobile personalization products to create intuitive and elegant experiences around them. You’ll be responsible for taking products and features from early concepts and low-fidelity wireframing through prototyping, iterating based on feedback, working with engineers on implementation, and measuring the outcome of your work. Designers at Factual are key collaborators - you’ll work with multiple internal teams, including product management, engineering, sales and marketing, and you’ll interface closely with Factual customers to solicit feedback and test your designs.
Note: Please include a link to a portfolio or samples of your past work. If there is a password, please include that in your resume or cover letter.
- Must have a strong design foundation and be able to execute any phase of the design process (ex. research, analysis, UX, UI, concept testing, launch and iterate).
- Have the ability to think holistically about complex systems and empathize with customers, to create compelling and effective user experiences.
- Design visual interfaces, wireframes, user flows, and seamless interactions.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- A strong desire to innovate and create work that pushes the boundaries of data visualization and product design.
- Work with Product and Research teams to identify the types of data, charts, maps, filters and information to be conveyed in your designs.
- Experience creating large - complex data visualizations that adhere to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Participate in key design meetings - including weekly status updates, brainstorm sessions and quarterly planning.
- Understand how to work iteratively and cross functionally towards your vision and be able to deliver high-quality design solutions.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a polished design portfolio
- 4+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Must be proactive, ambitious and able to utilize time allotted efficiently.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- Experience working with an Agile development team.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.