Who We Are
Cluster is a mission-driven company working to expand the middle class in America by connecting skilled talent to premium jobs at modern manufacturers. Advanced manufacturing is creating demand for high-paying jobs that require advanced technical and engineering skills, while the retirement of millions of baby boomers is creating a shortage of skilled talent. We believe that making it easier for people to get connected to meaningful and solid manufacturing jobs helps entice companies to manufacture great products in the U.S. and builds a stronger economy.
We’re taking the pain and effort out of the job search by focusing on industry-specific skill sets and matching talent to employers who value their unique backgrounds. We want to help companies hire for growth and place workers in great jobs where they are recognized for their expertise and given opportunities to expand their knowledge.
Where You Come In
We are looking for a curious product designer with strong visual design skills to join our team. Together we will create something our customers love.
We believe creating effective user experiences requires strong research, experimentation and testing. As a designer on our team, you will work embedded in an agile engineering team on features from problem validation and research through high fidelity mockups. The very best designs prove themselves in the marketplace. So we try not to get too attached to our work. We use consumer science, metrics and testing combined with intuition to inform our design decisions.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our customers
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision.
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Be fully invested in co-creating our culture of experimentation
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop scalable, quality experiences for that are quick to execute across all platforms (create and leverage flexible design pattern libraries etc)
- Design flows and experiences that meet the users and business goals
- Usertest and solicit feedback from other customers and prospects in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Several years experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field designing, iterating and shipping enterprise and consumer-facing applications
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- While this position is focused on UX, the designer does need to have a baseline visual design skill set to feel comfortable contributing to the design system
- Experience designing UI/UX systems and frameworks on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.).
- Ability to bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- Be comfortable switching between vision-level and hands-on pixel-level work.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
Cool but not Required
- Proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)