Brainjolt wants to surprise and delight everyone who uses the Internet. In order to do that, we must constantly be innovative, creatively thinking about ways to solve interesting challenges users face in their day to day lives, and find ways to deliver new experiences that leave people wanting more. As a Product Designer on the product team, you will be part of the entire design life cycle, from proposing initial concepts to ensure we ship features at an exceptionally high quality. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design, including product design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Design simple and intuitive product experiences
- Help define the short and long-term roadmaps for the products you contribute to
- Be open to giving and receiving design feedback across the company
- Conduct user-testing and other methods of gathering feedback, and use that data to inform and influence future design choices
- Build prototypes in various fidelities to help bring your ideas to life and get buy-in from the team • Work with other designers and engineers to oversee the implementation of new features from concept to launch
- Identify the needs of our users and improve on existing features
- Define user specs, flows, interaction models and deliver assets and style-guides to engineering • Work with the Director of Product to set deadlines, and build a track record of meeting or exceeding those targets.
- 5+ years designing for web, mobile and/or digital products
- Provide both design oversight and hands-on creation of highly crafted user experience and visual design deliverables, including wifeframes, customer journeys, personas, concepts, and screen designs
- Strong experience with rapid prototyping (from white boarding and paper to using tools such as Invision, Pixate, and Axure)
- Master of design software including Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- You don’t need any hand holding, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile environment
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects - managing tasks and meeting deadlines and avoiding undue stress
- A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of UI/UX (Product Design), IA and HCI
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees, peers, contractors, clients and leadership
- A strong portfolio (either on Dribbble or your own website) showcasing work on branding, mobile, web and marketing assets
- In order to be considered for this role: You must send a cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate for the role, what you bring to the table, and your favorite book related to design (you like The Design of Everyday Things? So do we).
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.