Product Designer (UX/UI) at Tapcart
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:58 p.m. (PST) on Monday, December 16, 2019
Tapcart makes launching a mobile shopping app easy, fun and attainable for every brand.
The world of shopping will one day be powered entirely by mobile, made possible by our products, team and vision.
We are inspired by the future of mobile. We work to inspire that future.
As the market leader in mobile Ecommerce, we focus on providing great experiences for our customers and for mobile shoppers worldwide. Our platform powers the mobile apps of some of the largest shopping brands, including Fashion Nova, Chubbies, The Hundreds and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by over 10,000 brands to launch and manage their mobile apps. We were recently featured at Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
Design at Tapcart
As a Product Designer at Tapcart you will work closely with our product and design teams to push, maintain and extend the user experience and user interface of our core e-commerce app as well as our merchant web dashboard used by over 4,000 brands worldwide. Our design team is continuously looking in two directions: backwards and forward. We look backwards at what we already have, and ask ourselves how can we improve it. We look forward and ask ourselves how we can predict our customers indirect needs and address them before they become an actual need. As a Product Designer at Tapcart, your designs will touch millions of shoppers and you'll have the exciting opportunity to grow with a world-class team.
What we're looking for
- A design portfolio with work samples and projects showcasing UX/UI skills (mobile and web).
- 2+ years of professional experience working at a product focused company or an agency.
- Has a clear understanding of how to design products that come at the intersection of meeting users needs and business needs.
- Knowledge of UX principles and techniques, common practices, and UI patterns.
- Ability to conduct usability tests, and user research.
- Experience designing for both mobile and web.
- Collaboration experience with the engineering team, product managers, and other designers.
- A Sketch master and problem solver that is detailed oriented, organized, empathetic, and has a hunger to always keep on learning and growing.
What you'll be working on
- Core e-commerce iOS app: Our core white label app enables brands to have their own mobile application live within days. We're creating a beautiful native experience that helps brands reach and retain their customers.
- Merchant app: We're continuously developing our merchant app where brand owners can see analytics, send push notifications, and update their app style from their own admin app.
- Web dashboard: This platform is used by our customers to launch and manage their native apps in real-time. Our vision is to build a robust dashboard that makes creating and managing apps easy, attainable and fun for every brand.
Bonus if you have
- Experience designing for Android.
- Experience using prototyping tools such as InVision, Balsamiq, Origami, Framer, Principle, etc.
- Motion design and animation skills.
Who we are.
We are a well funded, young and growing startup located in sunny Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our employees and culture are very important to us and as such, we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding for our team. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our many business challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our careers page, and check out some of our recent features on Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
Read Full Job Description