Product Designer, Profile at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:07 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Tinder empowers users around the world to create new connections that otherwise might never have been possible. We build products that bring people together. We are dedicated to delivering innovative products through early and continuous delivery of high quality software consumed by millions. We're a tight-knit design team, with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development, and looking for a Product Designer.
As a Product Designer on Tinder’s Profile pod (under the Core pillar), you will be focused on helping users put their very best foot forward. Using a research-focused design practice, you will help users update their profile information and upload content to better their chances of matching and having quality conversations.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the design side of a cross-functional pod, collaborating directly with Engineering and Product team members.
- Create wireframes, flowcharts, visual mock-ups, and prototypes to realize new features and product iterations.
- Test concepts with users, and refine based on your findings.
- Analyze and adopt standard methodologies, via articles and best-in-class app examples.
- Iterate on design, based on feedback from team members, partners and users.
- Communicate works-in-progress via project management tools such as JIRA and Monday.com.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience, with 2+ in mobile design.
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.).
- Experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design.
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing.
- Prototyping experience, with tools such as Framer, Principle, Flinto, InVision, etc.
- Experience with agile teams and methodologies.
- A strong portfolio of product design, showing an excellent sense of typography, layout, and interaction design.
- First-hand experience with several current design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Principle, etc.), and an eagerness to learn new ones.
- Self starter attitude with excitement to work in a fast paced, low ego environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience designing social media or dating apps.
- Experience with animation and/or motion design.
- Experience with quantitative data and/or surveys, and refining work based on findings.
- Basic front end development skills: enough to conceptualize (and empathize with) the challenges faced by mobile engineers.
- A future-forward perspective, informed by a fascination with technology and culture.
- A broad interest in design history (product, graphic, industrial, architectural.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.