We’re seeking a creative problem solver that can tackle complex challenges and deliver polished, delightful products for our users. You’ll use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve problems and craft delightful experiences. You’ll partner with product, data science, engineering and marketing, to identify new opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and enjoyed by Tinder’s diverse user base. As a designer on our Product Resilience pillar you will be focused on experiences that align towards the team’s mission of protecting Tinder’s advantage, including trust and safety considerations, user privacy and integrity of the core experience.
What you’ll do:
- Design valuable, cohesive and delightful user experiences for Tinder.
- Work with a highly technical cross functional pod. Synthesize the moving parts of complex engineering systems as they relate to and affect the overall user experience.
- Create UX designs and prototypes and UI mock-ups, including wireframes, flowcharts, visual mock-ups.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, stakeholders and users.
- Communicate design decisions without defending them.
- Always be an advocate for our users.
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push the product forward.
What we’re looking for:
- Fascination for understanding user behavior and empathy for diverse perspectives.
- A love for productive collaboration. Able to build trust & strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate. Earns respect and respects contributions of others.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design.
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS. Knowledge of HIG & Material Design.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Principle, and other design & prototyping platforms a must.
- Process oriented but flexible to get things done in ambiguous times.
- An eye for simplicity and visual harmony.
- Experience designing for social media or dating apps
- Experience with animation and/or motion design
- Front end development skills
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing
- Experience with quantitative data gathering and surveys
- Experience working on a live app
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
· The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description