Product Designer (LA, NYC or Remote) at Albert
Our design values
- Simplicity: there is a massive, tangled web of financial products. We work tirelessly to make Albert simple and easy to use. This is done with great design.
- Clarity: our goal is to create a transparent and straightforward experience for our users. We believe design should always elevate and enhance content, not distract from it.
- Friendly: understanding personal finances isn’t just about the numbers: building a healthier relationship with money impacts all areas of a person’s life. That extra layer of empathy is crucial to our brand.
Things you're good at
- Detail: You have an expert eye for typography, color and layout.
- Information design: You are able to distill complex problems and information into designs that are engaging, easy to understand and simple to follow.
- User experience: Ability to think holistically, in a user-centric fashion, with a sharp eye for detail and consistency.
- Flexibility: You are comfortable laying out designs that are mainly typographic and highly informational and are also able to design and illustrate for content that is highly visual.
- Organization: Work across multiple layers of our organization, including design, product, writing, marketing, engineering, financial services and senior management.
- Communication: Keep lines of communication open and seek out feedback on a regular basis.
- Teamwork: at Albert, the underpinning of our culture is caring. We care about our customers’ financial wellness, we care about the health of our business, and we treat each other with kindness and respect.
- Design across all stages of product including, wireframes, mockups, and prototyping for mobile app & web products.
- Contribute to product requirements by researching competitors, looking at existing internal data, and information as needed on API docs.
- Asset creation including icons, illustrations, and basic motion design/animations.
- Create eye-catching content for The Post and PR.
- Produce infographics explaining financial concepts in collaboration with our financial geniuses.
- Ensure consistency in creative and copy with the company’s brand and design direction.
- Collaborate with engineers to create quality product.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, from concepts to deliverables.
- A portfolio showcasing your design, process and skill delivering compelling creative product.
- An advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and other relevant design tools.
- Experience with wire-framing and prototyping tools.
- Ability to design with the context of how coding structures work is a plus.
- 4-5 years of work experience as a designer, at an agency or in-house.
- BA/BS or equivalent in graphic design, user experience or similar design.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Daily meals provided
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k match