Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
We are looking for a user-centric product designer for our Growth Squad. Being a designer on the Growth Squad expands your reach and gives you flexibility, as it'll be your goal to help ensure that our customers reach their point of "activation" across product lines and platforms. We're not looking for growth hacks or spammy marketing tactics. It would be your responsibility to create and optimize a sustainable experience that nets more long-term engaged users.
It'll be your job to help our customers understand our core mechanics and total product offering by removing unnecessary points of friction and clearing a path for them to learn by doing. You won't throw them in the deep end. You'll help them learn to swim gently and only when they're ready.
You will be heavily focused on the user experience and will push the growth team to satisfy business needs by meeting our customers' needs. You'll have to be ok with moving quickly and throwing away designs as you'll be shipping experiments regularly. You'll be working collaboratively with your squad's PM and engineers on specific, measurable tasks. You’ll move beyond Figma and use data from Amplitude and user interviews to validate your designs and prove that they actually work.
To accomplish all this, you'll have to be an empathic designer who can understand what it might be like for someone whose daily life, circumstances, and needs might be very different than your own
Summary of Duties
- Help our customers reach their point of "activation" across product lines and platforms
- Design user-centric experiences that satisfy both business and customer needs
- Collaborate early and often with engineers and PM's
- Become familiar with conversion funnels and key metrics
- Talk to customers and user test your work
- Become a contributing member and push the design team forward at Dave
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.