Inspire’s Product Design team is growing and we’re excited to bring on a Product Designer with a focus on our new member experience. We are looking for someone with solid UI & UX skills.
You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Research and Design counterparts to create & improve the user experience of our member applications.
You will be responsible for collaborating on key experiences with your Design Lead focused on achieving exceptional member experiences that helps our members understand their environmental impact through their energy consumption and how to reduce it. This will include, ideation, documentation, alignment, creation, and hand-off with engineering.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for intuitive, inclusive and accessible digital products. We believe clean energy is for all and we seek to validate our ideas, advocate for our members and build the best energy apps available.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategize — Brainstorm, define, prototype and test new software features as we evolve our UX/UI and device ecosystem
- Collaboration — Work with PMs, Engineers and Design team members to communicate a direction and point of view.
- Alignment — Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible artifacts so that the cross-functional team can align on vision and a path forward.
- Advocacy — Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements based on business needs and member needs.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Core Experience web — You’ll be helping to create our main user experience that helps our members understand their energy usage, it’s impact on the environment and how to decrease that impact.
- Mobile Application — As we unlock the core experience, help us translate that experience into our IoT mobile application to ensure consistency across our users' journey with Inspire.
- Retention rate
- Monthly Active User
- Increased NPS
- Excellent Communicator: Communication is the key to any successful product. Not only between teammates but also inside of our product. The ideal candidate is obsessive about clear communication to set expectations and articulate their vision. Along with clearly communicating with our users and baking those learnings into our digital product.
- Self starter: At Inspire you will own and lead out on your product line. Being a self starter means you can start with an early idea and mold it into a clear defined concept with your counter parts. Self starter means not waiting to be told what to do.
- Collaborator: Like life we believe in balance, as much we want you to be a self starter, we believe in true collaboration. The ideal candidate will know that only through collaborating with other designers, engineering and product managers can the best ideas come to life.
- Organized: The title says it all. We LOVE organization, in true start up fashion it is a battle to maintain excellent organization. That is why we are looking for someone who has organization built into their day to day process. No mess, no stress.
- User Obsessed: How do you build without knowing who you are building for? We don’t know either. At Inspire we put a heavy focus on talking to our Members or future Members in order to really understand what is best for them. Ideally you have participated or conducted generative research and or usability sessions to test your concepts. The only way to check your assumptions is to ask.
- Curiosity: You are curious through and through always wanting to dive deeper and learn as much as you can. This is not just an at work quality but something that drives you.
- Must Have
- 3-5 years experience designing visually compelling responsive web or native apps
- Experience shipping B2C application experiences
- Proficient creating flowcharts, wireframes and ux documentation.
- Experience designing visually based product experiences (imagery or illustration heavy), designs for both mobile and web
- Proficient with design tools like: Figma, Sketch, Invision, and good ol’ pen & paper.
- Slight obsession with clear communication, problem solving, and brainstorming workshops.
- Past experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Nice to Have
- Experience at a high-growth company
- UX writing skills
- User research experience
- Illustration & iconography skills