Motion Graphics Designer at Route
Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. Route is the way modern retailers interact, engage, and delight their customers’ post-purchase.
Our mission is to help the people see, share and discover the world’s products. We create a space where e-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names are showcased in a way like never before. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
Route is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to join our team and focus on crafting sophisticated animations for consumer-facing performance marketing and email campaigns. Your involvement is critical in all phases of the design process, including concept development, storyboarding, animation, graphic design, and production. Creatives will span a variety of mediums and types, including animated ads, social videos, product demos, & static assets.
- You will act as both a hands-on producer and a strategic, conceptual leader on each project.
- Collaborate with the Growth Team on a range of design and animation deliverables, ensuring all graphic elements and layouts follow Route’s design standards.
- Contribute to the creative direction of new product launches and planned marketing initiatives
- Design and edit video pieces that strongly communicate product goals and concepts
- Deliver high-quality assets in multiple formats depending on creative briefs.
- Manage deadlines and execute creatives on-time and on-task
- QA and review of final output and source files
- Act as a technical/tactical resource for the creative teams
- Assist and guide other Designers in their professional development; foster innovation in the Performance Design team.
- You have an incredible eye for detail and mastery of Cinema 4D, After Effects, and Adobe CS.
- You are a curious person and a strategic thinker.
- You’re able to quickly understand the business and identify potential creative opportunities.
- You have a test-first mentality, and understand the ins and outs of A / B testing creative and doubling down on winning concepts.
- You’re able to work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Stay current with production tool and technology advancements
- A versatile player. You add value at ground zero and 30,000 feet.
- Communicator. You understand the power of storytelling.
- Gritty. You understand that your experience is valuable and can blend intuition with data to explore new concepts.
- BA in Motion, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- 4-6 years of experience as a Motion Designer for consumer products or consumer-oriented marketing campaigns.
- A reel/portfolio of commercial work demonstrating an exceptional design and narrative aesthetic produced for client-oriented projects.
- Proficient in Cinema 4D, Octane, After Effects, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience as a motion artist with an agency or product technology company.
- Exceptional portfolio, showcasing sophisticated animation, concept, strong visual design, color, layout, and typography.
- Ability to generate a diverse array of designs and animations in response to a design brief.
- Comfortable working in a large variety of styles.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail.
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.