Motion Graphic Designer
Motion Graphic Designer, JD
Be an integral part of the marketing team of a groundbreaking e-commerce company taking the $5.1B Rug Market to the next level
Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed e-commerce company revolutionizing the market for residential and commercial rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We're a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a quickly growing e-commerce startup at a very exciting time.
The Marketing Team
The Ruggable Marketing Team is collaborative and dynamic with clear growth targets. Working closely with the Design, Operations, and Executive teams, the team aims to elevate our brand status and broaden our customer appeal. We learn fast to adapt to the ever-changing e-commerce landscape.
Reporting to the Graphic Design Manager at Ruggable, the Motion Graphic Designer is responsible for creating designs that meet brand standards, working with the Senior Motion Designer, Creative Producer, and Marketing Team to increase the production value of all of our owned content and videos.
You will educate new customers and drive sales by designing beautiful, responsive storylines that highlight product attributes across devices and platforms. You will think as a leader, pitching new ideas to push our brand creative. First and foremost, must think like a marketer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop motion graphics, assets and campaigns for our rapidly growing brand in all video content - all to the required creative standards, specifications and deadlines.
- Collaborate with the team on generating creative ideas from a brief in order to meet company objectives
- Follow and push our motion graphics/animation style and ensure unified look and consistent quality that answers a customer need in assets
- Participate in initial planning of video shoots with Senior Motion Designer and Production team, review storyboards, and discuss messaging and graphic guidelines.
- Pitch concepts internally to the team, bring new and fresh ideas to the table
- Translate marketing strategy into persuasive ads, branded content, and campaigns
- Work closely with other graphic designers, photographers, video editors, developers and content coordinators to execute brand vision.
Qualifications and Skills
- Mastery of After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Premiere
- Strong branding experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy in a deadline oriented environment
- Adaptive to new technology and changing ad landscape
- Thoughtful and self-reflective, willingness to learn
- Team-player, hard-working, organized, and goal-oriented
- Have a thorough understanding of illustration, typography, and photography
- Additional Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 2-4 years at an in-house brand or agency
- Copywriting experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Lightroom
- Personally motivated art
Hours and Compensation
- Job Type: Full-time
- Position will be based out of Carson, CA