In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is a Federally Funded Research and Development Corporation. The Aerospace Video Production Studio supports and produces all aspects of professional video production for the corporation. We are looking for a highly creative, driven and results oriented Motion Graphics Designer and Animator to join our Video Production Team. This position is for someone who is confident in navigating Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D, accurate, detailed oriented and a creative team collaborator.
- Design and produce 2D/3D motion graphics for high volume video services
- Translate video scripts into visual ideas through storyboards, motion graphics and/or animation.
- Create final graphic designs, characters, and illustrations for video and interactive projects.
- Produce animated motion graphics, titles, text, and characters in After Effects.
- Create and design infographics, and corporate presentations.
- Support and collaborate with other team members with a positive attitude.
- Technical/ detail oriented when needed.
- Ability to conceptualize, visualize and design special effects, animation, or other visual images for our projects
- Good communications with production team members and customers
- Work across several different projects with the video department
- Working within a small but dynamic team, but predominantly working autonomously, taking control of projects from start to finish
- Communicating with clients on projects
- 0-3 years of experience or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of After Effects, Cinema 4D or other 3D software, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Must be organized and accurate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail & deadline oriented
- Ability to direct, take direction and work in a team environment
- Portfolio must show examples of animation and design/illustration.
- BA or equivalent in Animation, Graphic Design, Film or a related field is preferred
- 3 years of professional experience in animation, motion graphics and/or video post-production
- Must have a reel or portfolio of work to demonstrate skills and abilities
- Ability to complete a project start-to-finish
- Are a ‘visual storyteller’
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
- Video/ Film production knowledge experience a plus
- Ability to assist video crews during production.
- Monday to Friday
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.