Lead UX Designer at Surkus
We are seeking a Lead UX Designer with outstanding design skills who can help roadmap a fantastic user journey and experience with meaningful designs across all our mobile platforms.
The UX Lead is responsible for advocating a strong UX – led design approach, setting and driving UX policy and delivery standards within the Surkus product team. You will need to be delivery focused, with excellent leadership and communication skills, without losing your keen eye for the smaller details.
This position works closely with our Head of Product, Product Managers, and Designers to cover all phases of the experience design process ranging from Discovery (industry, business and user research), Design, Development and Deployment.
This is the type of mind we want working on our UX design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rxTyX2utIg
What you’ll do:
- Create and lead our first UX practice and develop high-end, innovative UX experiences.
- Refine and evolve our design process, staying up to date on the latest design and technology trends.
- Communicate UX design, Research insights, Data and Product strategy to a wide variety of people with varying levels of UX experience including both colleagues and customers.
- Focuses on improving creating reusable, scalable user experience assets that support UX core efforts.
- Define and lead the creation of complex design solutions from user flows and concepts to detailed designs across multiple digital platforms (web, mobile, tablet and other connected devices).
- Evaluate requirements and develop Information Architecture, application flow diagrams, wireframes, mock-ups, user journeys, personas to ensure the UI consistency. With the end goal of delivering user experience assets that can be used by our development and solution teams.
- Work with Product team to solution the end to end logic, create IA, Wireframe and set the delivery expectation with the team.
- Guide, maintain and communicate UX consistency of experience across all platforms.
- Setting delivery expectations with UX team and the clients.
- Provide project estimates for UI Design time and effort.
What you’ll need:
- Expertise in experience design processes and methodologies
- Confident ability presenting to stakeholders at all levels; ability to tell a compelling story and guide them through the design ideas and recommendations to provide an overall design solution.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Omnigraffle, Axure, Keynote, etc.
- Deep knowledge of design principles for iOS, Android and Web solutions (including Responsive Design AND native applications)
- Strategic thinking with a solid understanding of research and design best practices
- Strong portfolio with demonstrated ability across the entire project process, ranging from user research, information architecture, design and usability testing. Please provide examples of your approach, activities undertaken and deliverables produced.
- Have good experience in evaluating client requirements, providing a road map, and delivering solutions
At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple value exchange:
1. Our members get free access to paid events and digital offers from our partners.
2. Our partners receive meaningful engagement from their ideal audience that drives their business.
How it Works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more. To claim their spot, members agree to perform actions defined by the experience provider, such as check-in, social post or provide feedback.
For partners, Surkus provides a completely hands-off automated tool that delivers attendance, purchase, awareness & engagement, social amplification, and insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Meaningful stock options
- Amazing dog-friendly office in the heart of Santa Monica
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Team building events and happy hours
- Access to Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues