At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Lead UX/Product Designer with a strong background in product and visual design and the ability to lead the UX strategy and development of bold new future product vision concepts and work closely with product areas across GoodRx on high priority initiatives. As a Lead UX/Product Designer, you will represent UX and work directly with cross-functional partners to set strategy for and develop products and features that help GoodRx users more easily access affordable healthcare in innovative ways that have the potential to transform healthcare. You will be responsible for leading quality execution and UX process through the entire product design life cycle, from driving insight gathering and ensuring the proper leveraging of design tools like research, user flows, high fidelity designs and prototypes and more. You will be responsible for dynamic and thoughtful presentations of your and your team’s work to stakeholders and product teams. You will mentor other designers and lead efforts across all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product, and interaction. You are responsible for working with UX Researchers to conduct various types of user testing to validate ideas at different stages of development. You’ll be part of a creative and dynamic team, including product managers, data analysts, content strategists, UX researchers, and fellow designers at GoodRx.
- Work with product, senior leadership, marketing, and other stakeholders to define new product visions and bring business opportunities to life
- Define and lead the delivery of compelling, thoughtful northstar experiences that will inspire product roadmaps and help to maintain a unified vision for the full GoodRx suite
- Ensure timely delivery of product design work streams from initial concept to released product
- Be the product advocate for the user and creating insight driven user experiencesThink holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Work with UX researchers to plan user research strategy and needs, and nuture a deep understanding of consumer’s mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors and use that feedback to push for refinement/improvement
- Articulate and communicate concepts and solutions through impactful storytelling, visualizations, prototyping, and formalized design documentation
- Plan and lead workshops and working sessions with participants at all levels from product squads all the way up to C-suite executives
- Gather cross-functional inputs and high level insights necessary to help prioritize and validate or invalidate concept directionsSynthesize ideas and generate innovative new ideas and solutions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., user interaction, graphic, visual communications, product)
- 7-10 years of experience in UX or product designExperience designing outstanding web-based products for editorial or consumer-oriented website
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma)
- Ability to own design from whiteboard sketches to final concepts
- Strong team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and across multiple teams
- Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and design-thinking methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of visual design specifications and asset delivery for web, mobile and other platforms
- Data visualization and Illustration skills are a plus
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description