Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
We are building a high quality, high performing Design team. If you have a strong sense of empathy, constantly look for ways to impact users' lives at scale and are committed to collaboration and continuous development, then this is the place for you. This is an opportunity to get in early and be a formative part of establishing the design culture here at Dave.
The design team is comprised of four distinct pillars (research, product design, operations, and design systems/platform) Product design is embedded with product and engineering at the squad level, and includes both our standard banking services and the financial delighters we’re cooking up to transform users’ lives-- for the better. As a design lead, you will be responsible for the experience within an entire layer of the product (for example banking), providing guidance to other designers in your area. Additionally, you will serve as a thought leader and mentor for the design org as a whole.
What You'll Do
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people.
- Own product design and direction for your group. This requires you to be actively involved in defining strategy as you will be a key contributor to defining your group’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments.
- Develop thoughtful, impactful solutions to complex design problems
- Balance trade offs of time spent innovating with ability to ship quickly and successfully and manage design’s roadmap accordingly
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions.
- Work collaboratively with your PM and Eng partners to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
- Mentor fellow designers, helping them to think more critically and strategically and improve their craft.
What You'll Need
- 8+ years product design experience in financial services or other relevant consumer product design domain
- Practical experience shipping real products that solve real problems for real people.
- Expertise with Figma, Sketch, Principle, Flinto, inVision, etc.
- A strong portfolio of product design and design systems work, including designs that showcase both an ability to think longitudinally and in depth about a given customer problem.
- Experience launching new product and/or significant new features (iterative or big bang) with demonstrated levels of success.
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates such as engineering and product.
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional teamExcited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.