At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Editorial Designer to support a new digital publishing initiative. GoodRx is creating a new reader experience that will simplify and humanize healthcare. This person will be leading the editorial design strategy around creating this digital platform that will be publishing multiple articles/content every month. They need to define the entire editorial platform and how the templates and content connect. Needs to be able to create solutions that help increase readership and give readers an enjoyable editorial experience.
This is a brand-new initiative to create a platform that contains trusted, independent content that GoodRx customers can turn to for healthcare information. The content is focused on the audience—meaning a more humanized and simpler explanation of clinical healthcare information, conditions, treatments, and any other information that is not easily digested in medical terms.
Please submit a resume and portfolio with your application materials.
- Digital Publishing Experience
- Experience in creating a strategy around editorial processes/structure
In this role, you’ll:
- Create the experiences and visualizations that move readers through the articles and entire editorial site
- Design templates for the CMS and article types that will help the content come to life
- Evaluate content as our research team provides it and identify how it fits into the site architecture
- Conduct usability tests within a flow to gauge comprehension and use that feedback to push for refinement/improvement
- Elevate the quality of our designs across our editorial services so that it effectively communicates the value we provide and why users should trust us
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- An expert in editorial design with demonstrated experience in establishing and executing content strategy and information architecture for editorial content
- Passionate about user experience and audience research
- Able to thrive in an agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall narrative experience
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment
Experience we’d like to see:
- 7-10 years of reader experience design or editorial design
- 5 years of experience designing for digital products and interactions
- Experience with consumer healthcare products
- Template creation
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict
- Experience in the creation of design templates within CMS (Contentful)
- Work cross-functionally with directors and design team on UI
- Knowledge of ad integration
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.