Junior Product Designer at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:12 a.m. (PST) on Friday, November 13, 2020
GOAT Group’s Product Design team is the driving force for the company’s mission to be the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Our team imagines and creates the experiences that enable our customers to discover, get inspired, and shop across all of our platforms—GOAT, Flight Club, and alias.
GOAT is looking for a Junior Product Designer to join a team of designers, product managers, and engineers to help concept, define, and design experiences for our customers across all of our brands. You will be responsible for collaborating with the work and delivery of product design projects.
In this role you will
- Design across different mediums, including desktop, mobile, app, social, and new forms of media to deliver compelling experiences to our customers
- Demonstrate an understanding of information architecture, layout, typography, copy, and visual hierarchy to efficiently and creatively solve complex design problems
- Put yourself in the shoes of the customer and advocate that point of view to the Product, Brand, and Leadership team
- Collaborate with brand, content, and development teams to create clear, cohesive, and premium experiences that separates itself from traditional commerce platforms
- Deliver product design work on time, with strong attention to detail and the needs of the product, our brand, and our customers
- Contribute to the culture of the Product Design team
- 1+ years of experience in a product or experience/visual design role
- A quick learner and self-starter, with an ability to work autonomously and handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Exceptional communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working within established design systems
- Experience and familiarity designing for native apps, mobile and responsive interfaces
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Principle, After Effects, etc.
- An understanding of how to apply the elements of experience design, such as information architecture, accessibility, customer journeys, and prototyping
- An understanding of how to apply the elements of visual design, such as typography, photography, motion, and interaction
- An understanding of fashion culture and knowledge of trends in fashion and design
- We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description