Inspire’s Design Studio is seeking a mission-driven, keen-eyed Junior Designer to collaborate on a variety of visual, marketing and brand focused projects to help create world-class experiences. You’ll work alongside our team of designers in partnership with Product, Marketing and Culture teams to concept, design and bring your work to life. Must love design.
THE JUNIOR DESIGNER HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design: from print to digital, you’ll be responsible for creating killer work, championing creativity, and designing simple, bold, sophisticated solutions
- Collaborate: you’ll work closely with our team of designers, and collaborate with other teammates in both Santa Monica and Philadelphia
- Be Flexible: along with working within a sprint, you’ll also need to be able to jump from one project to the next, shift gears and focus on new or urgents tasks
- Move Fast: to keep pace and meet deadlines, you’ll ideate and iterate quickly in order to deliver/complete projects on time
- Bring The Chocolate: in addition to the delivering the best design possible, every designer should go beyond, do something that we didn’t even know we wanted
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Website elements, social ads and member emails
- Printed signage, banners, flyers and direct mail pieces
- Creative content for our social media platforms
- Assistance on brand photo and video shoots
- Various items for internal culture events
- Office interior design & decor assistance
- Mockups for various projects
- 100% quality design completion of new tasks
- Show up and contribute to design team meetings
- Consistently deliver high quality design solutions
- Build solid relationships across teams
- Be a champion of design wherever possible
- Learner’s Mindset: you’re energized by learning from others, asking questions to understand & gain perspective, and building new skills over time
- Creative: design isn’t just a 9-5 job, it’s how you view about the world; thinking about imaginative or experimental ideas and applying them to various projects
- Authentic: connects easily with others through honesty, compassion, and vulnerability
- Self-motivated: the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must Have
- 1-3 years experience in graphic design
- Excellent understanding of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Knowledge of best design practices for print and digital
- Strong understanding of color, typography, flow and information hierarchy
- Excellent time management skills
- Nice to Have
- Copywriting skills
- Motion design skills
- Photography skills
- Videography skills
- UI/UX skills
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!