Jr. Designer at StackCommerce
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
StackCommerce is looking to bring on a talented and motivated junior designer to help create digital marketing assets for our e-commerce brands. Reporting into the Design Lead, you’ll work closely with our copywriters and marketers to design a wide spectrum of compelling assets for various mediums, including email newsletters, social ads, and site banners. You are strategic, eager to learn, and have an eagle eye for elevated design. You are defined by your meticulous attention to detail, and are adept at creating a consistent brand aesthetic across a variety of platforms.
- Design marketing emails while seamlessly maneuvering between varying aesthetics to meet brand and audience guidelines
- Assist in designing cohesive creative assets for holistic campaigns, including site banners and social ads
- Work in Photoshop to retouch photos and product imagery
- Follow provided naming conventions to keep images organized
- Use consistent fonts, colors, and creative to maintain brand styles
- Conceptualize concepts and showcase value props through visuals
- Work cross-functionally with various internal teams and partners
- Ensures on time and accurate delivery of all short- and long-term initiatives
- BONUS: Understanding of GIFs and basic stop motion or motion graphics in AfterEffects
- BONUS: Knowledge of lifestyle and product photography
- 1-2 years of working experience as a graphic designer working for an in-house brand, agency, or relevant field (Recommended)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience retouching product and lifestyle photos for web
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and agencies
- Exceptional design aesthetic and solid typography skills
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to receive feedback constructively
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Punctual, responsible, dependable, honest, and work well with others to obtain common goals
- Organized self-starter who can follow instructions and work independently with little direct supervision.
Benefits + Perks:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation: Flexible schedule
- Allowances: Stack Coupons (buy items at cost), $500 towards eLearning, monthly Book allowance, and parking reimbursement
- Free Food & Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge for breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice
- Equipment: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display, plus all of the beach equipment needed to enjoy all that Venice has to offer (bikes, surf boards, basketballs, volleyballs, corn hole, etc.)
- Events: Annual Company Cruise, Annual Stack Olympics, Annual Dodgers Game, Annual hosted White Elephant, Holiday parties, Monthly Birthday Parties, Monthly "External" Happy Hours, weekly internal Happy Hours and much more!
- Dogs: Stack is a dog friendly office and is very proud of all of our furry stackers!