Interactive Designer at HYFN
Hello. If you are reading this it probably means that the stars have aligned and something great is about to happen. Like, for example, you getting a job at HYFN and HYFN getting a wonderful new family member.
Our ideal teammate is stellar when it comes to designing in the digital space: websites, apps, and products. This usually comes with 2+ years of experience working on interactive projects that we simply can’t wait for you to show us. Sketch/Figma is probably your best friend and Adobe Creative Suite is your close buddy. And if you know how to make things move nicely in After Effects—well, that’s just another reason for us to love you. Aside from that, we are pretty much obsessed with meaningful UX, proper branding, and thoughtful strategy. If you share the same passions, we should talk.
You’ll be working on a team with a strong mix of UX and interactive designers. We set the bar very high and work hard to keep it that way. Good enough is simply not good enough—that’s the mindset we love to see. Collaboration is key and so is having an open mind when it comes to feedback and design challenges.
This is a full-time position based in our Playa Vista office. We bring our dogs to work, the beach is four minutes away, and we have kombucha on tap. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer tons of perks, like generous vacation, 401k, medical insurance, a learning fund and more. We don’t judge or discriminate, and expect the same in return.
- 2+ years of experience creating digital products, campaigns, websites, mobile apps etc. Experience in branding and general understanding of brand strategy is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Sketch/Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator. General understanding of code and/or experience in After Effects is another major plus
- Portfolio demonstrating solid digital design background. Understanding of user experience, graphic design and typography give you 10 bonus points each.
- Interest in experimenting with new technologies; desire to learn things like motion and photo/video production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Ability to take design direction and work with input from our Head of Creative
- Comfortably articulating and presenting creative ideas in front of the team and/or clients
What you'll do:
- Ideate, strategize, concept, design, and produce high quality work on multiple projects
- Work closely and collaboratively with the team and clients
- Present and explain the concepts, answer questions
- Manage commitments and workload on a daily basis
- Be proactive and lead junior team members by example
- Inspire the team and the client to push creative limits (as if there were any)
- Stay current with latest digital, social, and technology trends
- Have fun (promise)